- Start Date 07/10/2023
- Start Time 09:00
- End Date 07/15/2023
- End Time 17:00
- Location Helsinki, Finland
The inaugural Autism Summer Meeting is a unique gathering that brings together specialists, therapists, researchers, activists, organizations, training centers, services, families, and more to benefit children with autism. The meeting provides separate and collective services that meet the attendees’ needs, allowing them to gather a wealth of information and answers to their questions. It also includes sub-meetings for specialists and parents, interactive workshops, training sessions, and workshops for children.
Benefits of the First Autism Summer Meeting
- In-Person Networking:
This is a unique opportunity to connect with professionals and parents from around the world who are dealing with autism.
- Global Speakers:
Meet experts from around the world who specialize in their respective fields, including professionals, specialists, parents, therapists, caregivers, and activists.
- Get Answers:
Receive expert guidance, stay up-to-date with the latest developments and training programs for autism, and receive advice and answers from specialists.
- Interactive Workshops:
The workshops are specifically designed for smaller groups to allow for more intimate interaction with a specialist who will be focusing on a particular area of Autism treatment. There are interactive workshops for small groups, parents, and kids.
Certificates will be awarded to speakers, attendees, researchers, students, workshop leaders, and participants.
There are numerous activities and excursions available in Finland and Estonia. This is an excellent opportunity for adults and families to have fun while also fostering social interaction for autistic children.
- Researchers Support:
This meeting provides an opportunity for researchers to gather more information, conduct surveys, connect with specialists and parents from various countries, and broaden their network by meeting new researchers.
- Vocational Development:
Attendees can participate in training workshops designed to enhance their professional skills in communication, behavioral therapy, occupational therapy, and music therapy. These workshops will identify the most important training and education programs for autism.
- Assessment and Diagnosis:
During this meeting, attendees and specialists can collaborate on diagnosing, assessing, and developing individualized training plans for each child. This service aids in creating a proper diagnosis for the child, helps families understand the child’s needs, and provides a training plan to enhance the child’s skills.
What sets this meeting apart is the inclusion of social and interactive activities for children. These activities may involve group games, workshops, art, sports, music, swimming, sightseeing trips, horseback riding, and more.
Benefits of a Golden Ticket
- Access to all speakers. Listen to all of the event’s speakers, including keynote speakers, breakout speakers, and panel moderators.
- Participate in all workshops. Attend all of the event’s workshops, except for the Speech and Speech Pathology workshop.
- Bring one child for free. One child can attend all of the event’s daily morning activities for free, from 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM.
- Free art workshop for one child. One child can attend the event’s art workshop for free, from 12:00 AM to 1:00 AM on each day of the event.
- Receive stationery. Get a set of event-branded stationery, including pens, pencils, and notepads.
- Receive a certificate of attendance. Get a certificate of attendance for the event and all of the workshops that you attend.
Our event is unique in that we offer different interactive activities for children every day for five consecutive days. This means that there is something for everyone, regardless of their interests or abilities. Whether your child loves to dance, play games, or create art, we have something for them.
We believe that interactive activities are the best way for children to learn and grow. They get to explore their creativity, develop their social skills, and have fun all at the same time.
So come join us for a week of fun and learning! Your child will love it.
The benefits of interactive activities for autistic children:
- Improved communication: Interactive activities can help autistic children to improve their communication skills. When they are interacting with others, they have to learn how to take turns, how to share, and how to cooperate. They also have to learn how to express their thoughts and feelings in a way that is clear and understandable.
- Improved social skills: Interactive activities can help autistic children to improve their social skills. They learn how to interact with others in a positive way. They also learn how to read social cues and how to respond appropriately.
- Improved fine motor skills: Interactive activities can help autistic children to improve their fine motor skills. This is important for tasks such as writing, eating, and dressing.
- Reduced stress and anxiety: Interactive activities can be very calming and relaxing activity. It can help autistic children to reduce stress and anxiety.
- Increased self-esteem: Interactive activities can help autistic children to feel good about themselves. When they are able to participate in activities and succeed, it can boost their self-esteem.
It is important to choose activities that are appropriate for the individual child’s interests and abilities. It is also important to provide plenty of positive reinforcement and praise. With the right support, autistic children can enjoy many of the same activities as other children.
Who Can Join Our Activities?
We welcome all children, regardless of their abilities or disabilities. We believe that all children deserve the opportunity to participate in fun and educational activities, and we are committed to providing a welcoming and inclusive environment for all children, regardless of their abilities or disabilities. This helps children to integrate with others and interact with society.
- Sports Welcome Day: This is the first day of the event and is held in a playground that is large enough for the number of participants. It is a welcome day that includes entertainment, sports games, and music.
- Swimming Day: This is the second day of the event, where children who love swimming can spend a wonderful day in a swimming pool complex under the supervision of specialists to ensure the safety of the children.
- Horse Riding Day: This is the third day of the event, where horseback riding plays a wonderful role for autistic children. It is a wonderful opportunity for all children to experience riding Scandinavian horses, under the supervision of specialists and trainers to ensure the safety of the children.
- Open Day: This is the fourth day of the event, where it takes place in an open space, and games, entertainment activities, and music are provided.
- Zoo: This is the fifth and final day of the event, which is a group trip for children to visit the zoo in the capital, Helsinki. A great day to learn about animals, use children’s games, and feed the animals.
- Bottles of water, juices, and snacks will be provided for children during the activities for free.
- If your child has any allergies, please inform us before participating in the activities.
- Children are also allowed to bring their favorite foods during the activities.
The activities will run for five hours for five days.
The cost of the activites is free for one child if you purchase a gold ticket. Additional children cost 150 euros each for all activites. If you do not purchase a gold ticket, the participation fee is 150 euros per child for all activities.
One-day attendance tickets
- Admit one person to all seminars and workshops on the day of purchase.
- Admit one child to the activity available on the day of purchase.
Please note that children must be accompanied by an adult at all times if need special care.
We appreciate your cooperation with us while attending and participating in the event.
- Arrive early. Please arrive at least 30 minutes before the event start time. This will help us ensure that the event runs smoothly.
- Be respectful. Please be respectful of other attendees and staff. This includes following all general rules and regulations.
- No smoking. Smoking is prohibited inside the event venue.
- Help us with research. Please take a few minutes to fill out the surveys. Your feedback helps us improve future events.
- Take care of your belongings. Please be careful with your personal belongings. We cannot be held responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Silence your phone. Please silence your phone during the event. This will help ensure that everyone can enjoy the program.
- Keep children safe. Please provide your children with the necessary facilities during activities and workshops. If your child needs personal care, you can hire a volunteer to accompany them for 25 euros per day. Volunteers are not responsible for personal hygiene.
- If you have any problems, please let us know. We are here to help you have a great experience. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or concerns.
Cooperation with Researchers
We appreciate your cooperation with the researchers participating in the event by participating in surveys or meetings. Your feedback is valuable and helps them to discover many important things about autism.
Your participation in research can help us to:
- Better understanding of the causes of autism
- Develop new treatments and interventions
- Improve the quality of life for people with autism and their families
We know that your time is valuable, and we appreciate your willingness to help us make a difference. If you have any questions about the research, please do not hesitate to ask.
Thank you for your cooperation!
Tickets to events, meetings, or workshops are typically non-refundable. This is because we reserve and allocate a seat for each ticket holder, and we have external contracts that prevent us from issuing refunds. However, there are a few exceptions to this rule, including:
- If the minimum number of attendance is not met
- If the event is canceled or postponed
- If the maximum number of attendance is reached
- If your attendance is not approved by the organizer
If you are unable to attend an event and you fall into one of these exceptions, please contact us to request a refund.
Event Venue – Main Hall
Event Venue Main Hall Video
Event Venue – Workshops Halls
|Honor The Speakers||9:00-9:40||Hall A|
|Audience Certificates||9:40-10:20||Hall A|
|Closing Ceremony||11:00 -1:30||Hall A|